Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Curt Schilling? I don't think so.


With the good weather yesterday, I decided to sit out on my patio and change the handlebar tape on my bike. Now it is known by my friends and family that I am a little clumsy. For reasons unknown, I am always walking into things. So it was only right that I injure myself taking the bike out of the car. One of my chain rings managed to dig into my ankle and I thought for sure that there would be blood running down my leg. At least I had hoped there would be...for that would surely add some credibility to me jumping up in down in pain like a little child who had just scraped a knee. But alas, nothing. For the grease from the bike chain made any injury unnoticeable. With the weather still being nice, I decided to play a little basketball. I decided to lower the rim in an attempt to live out my dunking dreams. On my last dunk, (and it was my last for good reason), I decided to jump a little higher. As I threw the ball through the hoop, it managed to hit something and come with full force back into my face. I once again was jumping in pain. An ambitious start to the day was otherwise marred by a grease-filled hole in my leg and a red bump on my nose. At least my handlebars came out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment