Monday, June 1, 2009

Say What?

I happened to catch a few minutes of the MTV Movie Awards last night. That, of course, was after the two shows that I was watching had gone to commercial. After watching the show for about two minutes, I was shocked at what was allowed to be said on tv. Apparently I did not get the memo, because the last time that I had watched television (a few hours before), one was not able to say what they were saying. Aside from the words that were allowed, it seemed that there were also more profane words bleeped every other word. When did excessive swearing become the cool thing to do? I'll save my rant about excessive swearing by musicians and comedians for another day, but the few minutes of last night's show that I saw really turned me off. Call me old-fashioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment